Investment Management Services
Alaska Permanent Capital Management has been serving Alaska organizations for over 25 years. As an SEC Registered Investment Advisor owned and operated by Alaskans, we assist institutional clients with fulfilling their Fiduciary obligations by following a prudent and transparent investment process.
Our investment team is composed of highly experienced individuals. Six analysts at the firm hold the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation, the highest regarded credential in the financial services industry. The team provides expert financial guidance in collaboration with clients to assist, define, and achieve their financial goals.
Our portfolio managers work diligently to determine client investment needs; account asset allocations vary between solely fixed income to multi-asset strategies tailored to the appropriate risk and return requirements of each client. This is accomplished by integrating the client's investment plan within their overall business strategy.
Asset Allocation Services
APCM builds customized portfolios based on client’s specific circumstances.
Operating Cash – Funds in this bucket are managed with an emphasis on safety and liquidity.
Short Term Reserves – Funds that are in excess of operating reserves or used to finance capital spending plans.
Medium Term Reserves – Reserve funds that are not anticipated to be used, but may need to be drawn upon given unexpected circumstances.
Permanent Funds – Perpetual investment account which can be invested for long term growth and/or to provide sustainable distributions.
- Review of Investment Policy Statement and other control documents
- Coordinate objectives of investment, spending, and contribution policies
- Create optimal portfolio based upon client’s objectives and constraints
- Selection of funds and investment vehicles
- Board, Assembly, and Council education
- Risk management tools to quantify and evaluate potential exposure to loss
- Cash flow simulations to review potential wealth distributions
- Annual review of asset allocation and capital market assumptions
- Evaluation of new asset classes and investment strategies
- Regular communication and performance reporting
- Portfolio trading and rebalancing
Investment Management Fees
APCM's investment philosophy is built on the foundational principle, "focus on what you can control"; asset allocation, fees, and expenses. Therefore one low, transparent fee covers all services.